Trouble shoot this one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunchuckles

Baseband Member
Ok so ive finished work, and had time to clear my head... Was going crazy at 2am trying to solve this. Now im relaxed done abit of research but still confused :).

Fired up comp got 1 long beep 2 short beeps according to pheonix award bios means video display error... Checked the GPU seating + power cables, and all seems fine.. Can anyone else think of possible causes or solutions??? Or am I just unlucky and looking a corrupted GPU.

EVGA 780i mobo
GPU = 9800gtx
CPU = Q9450
2 x 2gb ocz 6400 800mhz reapers
Antec 900 case...

Any other info needed?? Thanks for any help.

Remove 1 chip of RAM and try onboard Video. If you have it if not just remove 1 stick of RAM then try again.

Remove 1 chip of RAM and try onboard Video. If you have it if not just remove 1 stick of RAM then try again.

Removed one chip same problem... 1 long 2 short beeps. Removed the second one (so no ram) bad move lol was beeping away happily... So then tried the Ram in slot 2 in slot 1 and still 1 long 2 short. Hang on when I do this do I need to connect video out directly from the mobo to the monitor??? OR can i still use the DVI out the back of the GPU. Ill go have a look at the back of the comp.

Yeah I just doubled checked and did a quick google search no onboard graphics with the EVGA 780i... they just assume you gonna be plugging in a sweet GPU for gaming. Plus theres no video outs on the back of the mobo :).

Does this leave me up the creek without a paddle, surrounded by bears and flying squirrels???

780i has a LED display for the post... its runs through a sequence then finishs on 7F??? Any one got a clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom