AMD Phenomâ„¢ 9500 Quad-Core Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrknight

Solid State Member
Here is my question. Im rebuilding my computer because my motherboard cant fit a 8800GT cause the card is just to big. I have a AMD Phenomâ„¢ 9500 Quad-Core Processor 940-Pin AM2+, and i would like to keep that and just put it in a new board. A SLI board if i can. Also have 3GB of DDR2 RAM that i would also like to keep. The problem is i went to Tigerdirect.com and looked at the 940-pin motherboards, and well there was only like 3 and they were up near $600. Is there a motherboard out there thats SLI and can hold DDR2 RAM for abound $200

thanks

Here is my question. Im rebuilding my computer because my motherboard cant fit a 8800GT cause the card is just to big. I have a AMD Phenomâ„¢ 9500 Quad-Core Processor 940-Pin AM2+, and i would like to keep that and just put it in a new board. A SLI board if i can. Also have 3GB of DDR2 RAM that i would also like to keep. The problem is i went to Tigerdirect.com and looked at the 940-pin motherboards, and well there was only like 3 and they were up near $600. Is there a motherboard out there thats SLI and can hold DDR2 RAM for abound $200

thanks

OK you want SLI and AM2+ Capabilities, theres only two chipsets that are guaranteed to have both: 750a and 780a

780a is generally way over $200 so go with a 750a:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-M750SLI-DS4 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

thats a good one ;)

What do you mean by your board won't fit an 8800gt? as in its not PCI-e? or as in like theres just no room in your case for it to fit?

I read on XtremeSystem's they did support it, but looking at the specs on the board I'm kind of skeptical, it says 1 PCI-e x16 and one x8, but I guess it runs at x16 and x8 for SLI because it also comes with an SLI Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom