Purchasing a Laptop for College

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a dell laptop (recently broke), and my sister has one, and they are the worst laptops ever!!!! stay away from dell!!! thats just me I've had horrible experiences with there laptops.

Thanks for the posts! I will deff. stay away from dell. I heard bad things about them too like their batteries exploding and such. I seen a really nice laptop at Bestbuy, but I forgot the brand name.. The only thing I could rememeber that is was a Satellite laptop or something like that. Will prob stay in the range with HP and get 4gb ram :)

Toshiba makes the Satellite brand of laptops. I've never owned one. As for HP, they're pretty good quality-wise and have good features/price. I also have an older IBM laptop that is very well built.

I did not have good luck with HP. First with all in one printer and then HP notebook, both had problem only right after 1 year anniversary.

On the other hand, I had very experience with dell. I had it at work both notebook and desktop as well.

I am looking one notebook for myself right now. I like mobility so weight is an issue. I found that you can configure Dell Inspiron 1420 series for about $900-$1000 with dedicated graphic card, 3 GB ram, high resolution screen, bluetooth, N wireless card, 250GB hard drive, good processor etc. It like 5 lbs.

Other notebook I am looking at is apple notebook from their refurbished products list and from there it can be bought under $1000. In my state there is a sales tax holiday in 6 weeks and I am planning on buying new notebook computer then. Till then I will look around to see what is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom