Is this a good build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board was just released but should be quite good, it natively supports 400fsb so overclocking should be a breeze. Also it has a PCI-E 2.0 slot for future cards.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

And personally, I would go with an E7200 if you are just going to be using this computer for gaming. Quads are great for benchmarks and video encoding, but in terms of gaming they are not fully implemented yet...and when they are they will be even cheaper so you can just upgrade.

..and go for the PC Power & Cooling psu :D

One last thing, if this cooler is available before you place your order it's definitely worth the extra 2 dollars over the Xigmatek:
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

So you are saying that Mobo is essentially the same thing as the P35 except it supports higher FSB, making it a better overclocking board?

Well, im of the type of person who will buy a pretty decent computer all in one shot, every 2-3 years. I dont really plan to upgrade anything on this computer once its built, until I do a complete overhaul on the system. So I figure I should get the quad.

Ill check out that CPU fan, currently sold out on newegg but Ill try and look elsewhere.

I researched it a little but, I dont know how reliable FrostyTech is, but they rate it as the best cooler on the market right now for temperature.

I have it under my wish list.. it shows this

ETA: 7/1/2008 11:15:00 AM

I dont think ill be able to wait that long myself. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom