New Build Zomg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel is still more worth it and faster for the money these days....unless your a hardcore AMD fan i suggest you look at intel.

otherwise it's a solid build....for amd

be careful of open box mobo's though....not that they don't work becuase i have seen two open box mobos come with all the accessories and work right out the box recently but still.

,but isn't the 9850 a better overclocker? D:

+thanks for the quick reply. =]

uhh no not at all...the Q6600 overclocks a good bit better and is cheaper

EDIT: to reinforce what i said...it has been reported that the 9850 has a hard time even going past 2.8ghz where as we have Q6600's that get 3.0+ easily and a lot at 3.4-3.6. Also at stock the Q6600 is faster already and is .1 ghz slower.

Understand though that they run hotter but the price difference well makes up for the extra needed cooling of the q6600.

i like the build.
lol @ the "better overclocker"...not quite.
you will get a better overclocker if you go with intel. it will perform from marginal to a bit better depending on application and clock speed.

but, it wont be an AMD. like sora said, unless you are an AMD fan, you should look at them.
if you are an AMD fan, you can buy that rig up there with every confidence that it will serve you just as well as an intel build. it will have lower benchmark scores, though :eek:

i like the build.
lol @ the "better overclocker"...not quite.
you will get a better overclocker if you go with intel. it will perform from marginal to a bit better depending on application and clock speed.

but, it wont be an AMD. like sora said, unless you are an AMD fan, you should look at them.
if you are an AMD fan, you can buy that rig up there with every confidence that it will serve you just as well as an intel build. it will have lower benchmark scores, though :eek:

Exactly....Intel are faster but people actually report that even though Intel benchmark faster their AMD's seem smoother...everyone i have talked to who have owned both a c2d and a new amd say this (i dunno how i would tell honestly heh)....still i would go with the Q6600 myself becuase i love benchmarking :p

EDIT: If you go with Intel here is a board for you that supports crossfire.

Newegg.com - Open Box: DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard

Whats funny is that it is also a DFI around the same price as the other open box o_O.......weird

lol k.
So the 9850+ is better?
but the Q6600 gets better benchmarks?

how about this....most people agree that the q6600 has more raw power and runs faster and would choose it over a 9850. However IF you were an AMD fan many people report that even though they get less FPS in games it seems smoother. Basically the Q6600 gets better FPS in games and stuff but people say the amd runs smoother...it's confusing to me too but lets just say most people say the Q6600 is a better cpu ok? :p lol

lol ok.
I'd usually go for a q6600 anyway, just I thought I'd "investigate" into AMD.
Then I read that it was a better overclocker or something?

ANYWAY.
q6600 =]

Thanks for the help. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom