How Do I Connect My Fans To My PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Hello,

I got my case yesterday and it has a PSU and 3 fans. That is all i have at the moment. I am wondering ... how do i connect the fans to the PSU. I think i now how to do it but just want to make sure.

Each of the fans has two plug things....1 has 4 pins the other has 4 holes. Now do i just plug these straight into the same plugs on the PSU?

Thanks for any help.
- Chris

they are called molex connectors and yes you can plug them to the psu, or get an adapter and attach them to the mobo.

You can also plug each fan into another fan, making it possible to have as many as your case and psu will let you.

so do both of the molex connectors have to be plugged into another molex connetctor....so it goes round in a circle from psu to fan to fan to fan to psu?

coz that way i wont use up as many of the molex connectors on the psu coz i guess they are needed for other things aswell.

well i dont think it goes back into the psu as there are no molex connectors on the psu that will fit into the loose fan molex.

So what i have is...

PSU --> Fan 1 --> Fan 2 --> Fan 3 --> losse molex

Does this seem right

yes, thats right, you just won't get rpm readings from any type of fan speed monitoring prog. readings will only come from the ones hooked to mobo.

Well at the moment they are daisy chained but when i find out if i have any free molex on the psu i will use them instead. The other thing is that two of the fans are temp controlled and have little green sensor things...will these still have affect when daisy cheained?

they should since all they need is power to opperate from if i'm not seriously misstaken.

Ok so i think i will plug the two temp controlled fans into the mobo if there is a place for them to go. and all there other fans will be plugged into there own molex on the psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom