Final review before I order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far from what I've saw from Gurusan's post of the HD 4850 benchmarks, it performs a lot like the 9800gtx for a lot cheaper, two more weeks :)

In game AND benchmark?

2x 9800GTXs unless someone has something completely better
Wait a little longer for the new cards instead of busting your wallet for the 9800gtx's, unless you plan to step up 1 of them. You can get either ATI or Nvidia cards based on the benchmarks.
Winner.

Then my advice to you is just buy one of them. Instead of stepping up and having a useless second card that you have to sell or let sit around.

I love the aurora 570 because it can provide great airflow, espically when you throw some yate loons on it, because It looks awesome, it is well designed and has some cool features (some of the tooless featuers actually work on this thing good), and it has those pre drilled w/c holes in it if you want to water cool.

Also if you decide to listen to me, save some money and don't get the 750i ftw and get the dfi dk p35 instead, or some other p35 or x38 board. They are better at OC'ing quad's and they are cheaper then the evga 750i ftw. Since your not going to be using SLI why pay for it? You may want to SLI in the future, but there is going to be a socket change soon anyway, so you never know. If you really want to though, you can get the 750i FTW. It's a good board too.

Ok. I think I've got everything finalized then. Thanks a ton guys. I'll stick around because I've read so much interesting stuff in the past two days on these forums that I can't resist coming back here.

I'm going to get 2 9800GTX and eventually stepup both of them.

One day I'll try water cooling. :D:D

Knowing me and trying to be a perfectionist I'll be back with questions on setup of all the new stuff. I think I can handle most of it.

Nope it has to be the exact same GPU, same name, same RAM amount (but you can use different Brand names and different clocked ones)
Not recommended (from experience, just get the same brand)

Ok. I think I've got everything finalized then. Thanks a ton guys. I'll stick around because I've read so much interesting stuff in the past two days on these forums that I can't resist coming back here.

I'm going to get 2 9800GTX and eventually stepup both of them.

One day I'll try water cooling. :D:D

Knowing me and trying to be a perfectionist I'll be back with questions on setup of all the new stuff. I think I can handle most of it.
Ok, then the 750i FTW will serve you well.
When you step them up, your going to be spending a good amount of money. The new cards are priced very high. This is your warning that if you plan to step up in the next 90 days MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MONEY. Otherwise, you wasted money when you could of purchased from a company without the step up program for cheap.

why not just get a gx2??? it performs almost like 2 gtx's doesn't it? Plus it's 1 card to make step-up easier...

Nah, 2 gtx's perform loads better. It isn't that it's hard to step up 2 cards. It's just it's expensive and a waste if you can only afford one.

Well ya, when its different clocked I usually recommend the person to manually overclock

Tri-SLI 9800gtx's perform better than Quad-SLI 9800gx2's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom