Switched on Comp... Nothing but a beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunchuckles

Baseband Member
When I switched on my computer for the first time, nothing came up on the monitor... the fans were all working fine... but nothing else it seems... I just got a beep. What could be wrong??? HELP!!! >.<

Will switching the comp on to hear the beep again be bad for it??? Could this be a sign of shorting ect??

The 780i manual has nothing about trouble shooting this :(. The monitor is definetly turned on, the DVi cable is secured at both ends and I checked inside the GPU is getting power to it and is firmly seated. What am I missing :(.

what is the beep? It beeps to tell you whats wrong, so figur out the beep pattern then google it.

Figured out the beep, was unsure what a long and short beep was at first, nowhere do they define a long and short beep. Its definetly 1 long 2 short... sounded like it was all 1 beep at first coz I never heard these beeps b4 and what consitutes a long + short beep. OK so ive said beep a lil 2 much. I posted another thread where ive given a lil more detail and what ive done so far to try and fix it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom