I feel really, well stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Just bought a 9800gtx on newegg for $260. :eek:

My plan was to wait for the RV770 and GT280 to come out and buy one of those. But after this last day of school. I just couldn't wait any longer, I need a working computer, now. So I bought a BFG 9800gtx and plan on using their version of step-up and upgrade later. I know the 9800gtx is an overclocked 8800gts, but with it at a sale of $260 I just couldn't resist.

What do you guys think?

$260 is pretty much a steal, and it overclocks well too, and if you still regret it you could probably get it for a profit if you wanted :)

And we all need our games :)

Yeah its been about 1 1/2 months since I have played a video game.. I can't wait till my card comes in the mail tomorrow. :D

Well it was never for me :)

But I really enjoy COD4 now because I have a PC that doesn't lag when I play it ;)

Don't feel stupid, there is nothing wrong with that card and price.

Well.. I set a goal to wait for the new cards to come out and I was unable to do so. Thats all. Its not so bad cause BFG has a step-up-program that I might use in the future. Anyone know how well it works?

Are you sure you messed up your 8800gt? Were you too quick to check if its broken?

Are you sure you messed up your 8800gt? Were you too quick to check if its broken?

Trust me.. its broken :p

When you turn on the computer the screens have artifacts all over them making it impossible to do anything. Crashes whenever I start a game. I tried it in a different computer, same thing.

Sucks, but stuff happens. :(

I picked up my SLI 9800GTX for 269 from tigerdirect during their free shipping weekend, so ya you got a good price. I guess you'll be the guinea pig for the BFG stepup. Just remember though, BFG isnt forgiving about changing coolers/overclocking like XFX and EVGA are.

I picked up my SLI 9800GTX for 269 from tigerdirect during their free shipping weekend, so ya you got a good price. I guess you'll be the guinea pig for the BFG stepup. Just remember though, BFG isnt forgiving about changing coolers/overclocking like XFX and EVGA are.

OH CRAP.. I just overclocked my gpu, probably should have checked to see if its ok to do so :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom