unable to install Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austempest

Solid State Member
Hey Guys,

ive just bought a new PC (specs below) and i am unabel to install the drivers for my new 3870X2 graphics card. It keeps saying "Unable to find drivers for the system hardware or operating system" < not exact msg, paraphrasing from memory

System specs"

- AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core (AM2) 2.4GHz
- Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H Mainboard - AMD | 4x DDR2 | 6x Sata Raid | 1x IDE | Gigabit Lan
- Pioneer DVR-215 SATA DVD Re-Writer (20x/10x Dual Layer Black)
- Corsair DDR2 4GB PC-6400/800 (2xXMS2 2GB) TWIN2X4096-6400C5 Ram
- Card Reader 8 in 1 Internal USB - Black
- Asus EAH3870X2-3DHTI-1G RADEON 3870X2, 1Gb, DDR3, PCIE2.0, 4xDVI, HDMI, HDTV, HDCP
- Antec Nine Hundred Black Ultimate Gamer Case (No PSU)
- Zalman 850W Dual Heatpipe ATX Power Supply (ZM850-HP)

ive tried downloading new drivers off the net but still a no go. Everything on the screen is chuggy as cause of no drivers. Helps please

well first off, helps to know what OS you are running....so yea-

assuming you have xp 32 bit(which i hope you do) reset your computer, take out card, put back in, download these drivers- AMD GAME Drivers & Tools see if it works.

or you may be downloading the right drivers for the wrong OS, so like i said, let us know what you have.

**** it **** it **** it

i just read the Asus website and the way Asus have adapted the 3870X2 (proabably for its 4 DVI outputs) it requires certain chipsets, and guess what, mine isnt one of them.

Ohh well, guess it's a new Mobo for me.

Ohh Btw im running XP SP3 32bit

He probably bought it of Cyberpower and they didn't inform him of that..

Before you give up installing the video card install the 780g drivers that should have a CD with it then try getting the latest drivers of AMD's website and reinstalling those drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom