New build Question (Core 2 Duo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
also would it really be worth it to exchange the P35 for the Ep35? and spend the extra 40 bucks. i know its not much BUT...

im just going to stick with the Mobo I got and stay DDr2 for now for a bit until i REALLY have some hardcore money for a HARDCORE gaming system. just want a RELIABLE GOOD system now.

So Ive added this to my list.

-Case
Antec- 900 Series (seems to be around 89.99)
-Memory
OCZ-platinum series DDr2 4gb bundle (2gig per stick) for 139.99

and now ive found my self lost yet again.
There seems to be NO freaking DDr2 Graphics cards anymore that are anygood, or atleast that i could find. my Friends keep telling me no DDR3, it wont work on that mobo but i judge his correctness thats what i am here again.

should i go with a TOP of the line DDR2 graphics card to run Everquest 2 and Call of Duty 4. (both on FULL graphics)

or do i not listen to friend and go DDR3 cause he may be wrong i just DONT KNOW.

im also new to building computers, might want to think about a better mobo though, my ds3l broke after 33 days, right after neweggs replacement thing ends, so far ive had to send it back to gigabyte 2 times, its there right now. if i was you i would get this one because it has 2 ddr3 1333 slots and 4 ddr2 1066slots, dont buy ddr3 for a couple of years though

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
if you get this one MAKE SURE NOT TO INSTALL THE ENERGY SAVER DRIVERS BEACUSE i heard that it wont let over clock as well. i think it limits the vcore

and now ive found my self lost yet again.
There seems to be NO freaking DDr2 Graphics cards anymore that are anygood, or atleast that i could find. my Friends keep telling me no DDR3, it wont work on that mobo but i judge his correctness thats what i am here again.

should i go with a TOP of the line DDR2 graphics card to run Everquest 2 and Call of Duty 4. (both on FULL graphics)

or do i not listen to friend and go DDR3 cause he may be wrong i just DONT KNOW.

memory on the graphics card do not matter
as long as you have a pci express 16x slot

go ahead and get a DDR3 Vid card

wait a few weeks if u want next-gen card
or just get a 8800GT(S) 512mb

*8800GTS 512mb is better performance wise
8800GT 512mb costs less but still good card

well come to find out I may not be able to return my mobo. Cant find the dang receipt...think GF threw it away...

although I did only buy it a week ago from Microcenter in person. Also on the topic of what happened to that mobo. Did they say why or what happened? Has anyone else had a problem or heard of problem of this board? Should I really push to return to get new board? would only cost me 40 bucks that is IF they let me.

well come to find out I may not be able to return my mobo. Cant find the dang receipt...think GF threw it away...

although I did only buy it a week ago from Microcenter in person. Also on the topic of what happened to that mobo. Did they say why or what happened? Has anyone else had a problem or heard of problem of this board? Should I really push to return to get new board? would only cost me 40 bucks that is IF they let me.

i had a ds3l... for a couple of days. i got a few hours out of it before something went wrong in it and lost video out. just about the time i had the os all updated... but of course, that's just anecdotal.

Jason ya, I mean thats kinda the thing. IF worst Comes to worst. I will just send the MOBO in or return it or buy a newer/better one compatable with the setup. Heres and update on how stuff is going BTW. also picked the graphics card i want (9800 GTX by EVGA) going to wait for the price drop though cause it should happen very soon everyone says.

but heres the deal
wonderul guys thanks for the help. ya today i went out and bought some other items im throwing into this build So far ive got 5 key items but still am missing some.

Heres what I have at the moment STILL IN BOX
-GA-P35-D3SL
-intel-Core 2 Duo E7200
-Western Dig-500gb 7200RPM Harddrive
-Corsair-PSU-650Watt
-LG 20x internal supermulti DVD writer (cd rom) got 8.5gb and double layer.

and the things I am still waiting to buy ARE listed Below
-Antec 900 (gaming Case) $90.00
-9800 GTX (think EVGA) $250-300 (depending on price drop and sales)
-Windows MIGHT go vista $150 (thats iffy number cause not 100percent which i want)
-(2 of these kits)OCZ Platium series 4gb kit(2gig sticks)DDR2 1066 $280.00 (this prolly will change if i can find a cheaper just as good kit- BUT i want to max the system out with gbs)
-Heat Sync (thinking the Thermaltake DUorb but not sure) atm- $65
-Samsung screen 22 incher. HAVENT priced these up cause i got a nice Screen BUT i want 2 for this graphics card i think it will be around ($300-$400)

otherthen that. Little things like Sound proofing material and Mouse and Keyboard.
Still got a lot to buy but... should be done in a month or two hopefully. Getting pretty excited! watching a pile-o-parts get bigger and bigger. and im keeping my eyes PEELED on sales.

PLEASE FLAME if something is wrong. im a NEWB to this and am TRYING to learn more everyday. Thanks again for all the help!!!

-Bouchane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom