Any idea's on how to silence a hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
So the Lian Li PC 65 case that I have has the hard drive mounted directly to metal causing a lot of noise throughout the entire case. What do you guys to do silence hard drive noise?

i believe u can get rubber mounting accessories which absorb the vibrations also things like silicon covers.

use rubber bands to suspend the drive...

If I move my computer around the drive will fall off. I was thinking about putting a piece of foam under neath the hard drive mount so its not touching any metal. And then securing the whole hard drive mount with zip ties or tough rubber bands. What do you guys think?

If I move my computer around the drive will fall off. I was thinking about putting a piece of foam under neath the hard drive mount so its not touching any metal. And then securing the whole hard drive mount with zip ties or tough rubber bands. What do you guys think?

sounds alright to me, only one way to find out. zip ties are good to use for things like that.

So the Lian Li PC 65 case that I have has the hard drive mounted directly to metal causing a lot of noise throughout the entire case. What do you guys to do silence hard drive noise?

You can get little silencer washers to put underneath the screws...my Antec 900 came with a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom