New Gaming Build, Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. I know of many instances where the AF7 has clocked a Q6600 to 3.4GHz with a stable voltage and temp.

Quoting myself on this one, Vern :rolleyes:

I know not every situation is the same, but like I said, I know of MANY instances where the AF7 has done 3.4GHz on a Q6600 with stable voltage and temp. I still hold my recommendation for the Rifle, though. For just ~$10 more, you get vastly better cooling.

Not to mention many Q6600 have a problem going over 3.2GHz anyways (even G0 steppings). You just need to get a lucky CPU :D

Ya I know I'm just saying though.. I've seen that before, but he had a low VID... and got really lucky... we can't guarantee that will happen, and you know how whiny people get if they don't get something exactly like other people

I've seen people whine on this forum because they couldn't get 4.0ghz on their Core 2 Quad Q6600 like Veedubfreak

Thanks for the mobo suggestion. I wanted a SLI board but I can settle without it for this build. I'm just doing mild OC so the AF7 should be ok.

Lol. I haven't been able to even get 3.6GHz on a Q6600 yet. But I'm still pretty new to overclocking.

I consider myself cheating... I left a lot of my bios settings on this board on auto and the only thing I didn't set to auto was the vcore and fsb ;D . I got to stable 3.8ghz too, 4ghz not stable + high temps (1.46v) :p .

I really should do it properly, I am just impatient.:nerd:

I've built a PC b4 but when i hear people talk about .11 on harddrives I am confused! Other than that I think I am ok on my build specs. Thanks guys!

I think I'm doing alright with my new rig, though I can say vista is obviously a stepping stone for whats next. Seems like they did a halfass job on it. See people talking like "Can they seriously call it Vista Ultimate?"

I've gotten my chip to 3.6 but not stable, currently @ 3.42Ghz with BIOS temp @ 50-55C though Nvidia System Monitor show temps of each core @ 60+C per core so I'm curious to find the truth.

I'm liking the SLI as it seems to work nicely for me. I can play like 90% of games with max settings it seems so far and they cap @ 60fps constant. Others require to put AA medium or low to raise performance. (Crysis / Hellgate London) Only two noticable as well as CoD4 having high AA can slow framerate during cutscenes.

I'm using the eVGA 750i FTW board it all seems glorious anyways from my previous setup, coming from a 3200xp @ 2.2g w/ ati 9800xt.

Good luck on your new setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom