My New Built PC Keeps Shutting down by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunraidan

Baseband Member
Hi I've recently started creating a new build and I am very far in it. However when I boot the system it just turns off. Does anyone know what could be causing this and if so how to fix it?

I have other problems as well so I will list them:

I notice for the Power Supplies set of wires there are many unused especially some certain types. With an exception of one (which is basically an average wide based socket with 4 prong holes to insert them into) I basically have a bunch of these. And in terms of wires that come from the computer case I have a bunch of these.

My next worry are these plugs with only two prongs. Where do I plug them into? So far I've just been plugging them into regular sockets.

Finally so far I've checked the BIOS, Boot, and what not and still haven't came across to something that you have to configure the options so that the PC can detect new hardware. Is it all automatic when the PC starts up?

Anyway thanks for reading! :D

the first 'bunch of these' are power for any graphics cards you have. Most newer graphics cards need separate power supplies.
the second 'bunch of these' are just normal power cords, for your hard drive, dvd drive, etc.

When does the system turn off? e.g. straight away, on the login screen, etc.

the first 'bunch of these' are power for any graphics cards you have. Most newer graphics cards need separate power supplies.
the second 'bunch of these' are just normal power cords, for your hard drive, dvd drive, etc.

When does the system turn off? e.g. straight away, on the login screen, etc.

Oh well I have one PCI Express plugged into the graphics card.

With th 2nd pair I showed only one of them is plugged in the hard-drive and the others aren't plugged into anything.

Basically I just plugged the normal power cords (the one I showed you was from the case) from the Power Supply and connected them to the ones of the case. Is that incorrect?

In terms of when the system turns off. It's usually like 4 minutes after I turn it on. I know my power supply should be strong enough.

Oh I forgot here are my specs for the PC:

TX650W Power Supply - 650 Watt

8800GT MSI 512MB - Graphics Card

Q6600 Quard-Core Intel - CPU

G-Skill (2 X 2) 4 GB - RAM

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L S-Series - Motherboard

Seagate 320GB 3.0 SATA - Hard-Drive

Anyway here is what my motherboard now looks like.

powerproblem1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a wide shot of the plugging job I have done.

powerproblem2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the PC I found two wires, one that was labeled "HDD" and another labeled "CPU". I didn't know what to do with them because at their tip instead of a plug were just sheets of some type of plastic. My friend said that they are to conduct electrcity by placing them on some type of metal. So I just put them below tighten screws like so.

powerproblem.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What are all your 4 pin molex connectors connected too since I see that your using about 5 of them in this pic powerproblem1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I connect them to the other 4 pin sockets. Except two which are connect to those with only 2 pins but a whole base as if they were missing 2 pins (but aren't).

EDIT - One of my friends suggested that I should try booting by my using my OS's CD. Should I try that? Or does this seem to be a hardware and not a software problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom