cpu- q6600 g0 = ................................$158.49

power supply- corsair vx550w = ..................$91.15

cpu cooler- ocz vendetta 2 = ....................$37.95

ram- G Skill PC26400 F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ = ........$69.90
ram- G Skill PC26400 F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ = ........$60.00

motherboard- DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS P35 +
OCZ Freeze Extreme Thermal Compound = ..........$158.83

tower- cooler master stacker 830 = .............$150.00

graphic card- evga 9800 gtx 512mb = ............$235.00(not yet shipped) using pci graphic card

hard drive- (using 160 gb IDE)

dvd rom drive- SAMSUNG DVD Burner SH-S203B = ... $29.22

after puttin all parts together i used the onboard power on/off switch to test it but it does nothin but keeps restarting.i been at this for about 2 hours. i try using only 2 gb of ram but i get the same problem. PLEASE SOME1 HELP:(

(((note)))can it be because im using a pci graphic card? or mabe the 160gb IDE, its my friends old HD im not sure if its been wipe clean. or even BAD power supply??

first of all make sure all ur power connectors are in. the 12v for the cpu, molex connectors for all your components etc..

im guessing you know how to install cpu's but make sure you have done so correctly.
if it was the power supply it probably wouldnt continue to turn on over and over again and would have failed on you.

can you actually get into bios? or choose the option to install windows before it restarts?

Also, a very likely situation could be your 4GB you have installed. If it's Vista, it tends to be pretty picky about being installed with more than 3GB of RAM already in... It sounds like you are trying to boot to this old hard drive, but you really will need to format it and reinstall an operating system because you have all different parts, divers, etc. and that OS on the hard drive will not want to cooperate with all these different parts installed.

So, use only 2GB of RAM, do a fresh install, apply any windows updates and SP1 (if Vista), then turn it off and insert the other 2GB of RAM and start it up.

hehe thanks lukas.

i got some parts from criagslist, ebay, newegg, and buy.com

(at my parents house using computer)

so i have a long story to tell u guys. it was about 2 am in the morning when i decided to plug in my corsair power supply to my older computer just to see if it is the power supply (old cerleron 2.7 mhz) and what happends?? it doesnt turn on, keeps restarting like my new build. i take out the corsair and plug in the old power supply that came wid my old computer and now i get nothing from my old computer. it looks like my corsair messed up my old comp.
i woke up and went to the computer store and they test my corsair power supply, they say that the power supply is bad(their machine tester indicates it). im goin to rma my power supply.

now i have new questions...
i know my corsair messed up my old computer therefor did it messed up my DFI lanparty DK p35? and or cpu or even ram too? now im stuck wid no computer at home and have to drive to my parents house to access the internet.

Get a psu that you know that works and test it out, or put your parts into another working system and test it out.

That's all you can really do to see if things are working or not.

thats right, just test your parts with a working psu, you might have to get some replacements.
i would have thought that if ur psu would fail it wouldnt even turn on at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom