Q6600 + SLI GTX280 Watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what i'm thinking about doing.
MountainMods.com-Water Cooling-Radiators-ThermoChill-ThermoChill PA 120.3 Radiator
+
MountainMods.com-Water Cooling-Radiators-ThermoChill-ThermoChill PA 120.2 Radiator
+
MountainMods.com-Computer Cases-U2-UFO CYO-U2-UFO CYO (Choose Your Own)
or
same case with
MountainMods.com-Water Cooling-Radiators-Swiftech-Swiftech - MCR-320 QP
+
MountainMods.com-Water Cooling-Radiators-Swiftech-Swiftech - MCR-220 QP

Also, i plan on ordering the case first, using it for air cooling until waterblocks for the GTX280s come out then switching over. So i need to decide on which radiator i plan on using when ordering the case.

I thought about that, but the ascension is over 100 bucks more than the UFO :( I was just planning on running the big rad on the front, and small rad on the rear.

All this talk of WCing has made me go back :/

Just bought:

-XSPC Edge cpu block
-1/2" tubing
-Swiftech RadBox
-used laing D4 (not my 1st choice but I got it for cheap, 20 quid shipped)
-Feser 1 Red
-Danger Den Fillport

Re-using:
-Thermochill HE120.2

I'll probably be upgrading the rad in the future to a 120.3 although this ancient HE120.2 seems to do the job well (cooled a b3 q6600 @ 3.86ghz and overvolted X1900!!)

What sort of waterblock will you be using on your quad?

Still looking into it. Cooling the cpu wont be as big a deal as cooling the 2 video cards. Also, another reason i dont care for the ascension is that you have to buy each of the expansion slot covers at 10 bucks a pop. The ascension has WAY too many expansion slots. Right now going with the UFO with 3 big windows (i dont like the plain acrylic sides) duality front and rear, and horizontal brace it'll be 359 plus whatever shipping is. Still have to buy the slot covers and fan covers :( I really like the brushed aluminum though, its nice that its the cheapest option :)

...that sounds like a far better idea to me. Personally, I've never really liked the mountain mod cases. A bit too OTT for me.

The lian li is nice and clean looking, with enormous modding potential.

Ok i think i'm going to order the case today. So the thermochill rads are NOT worth the extra cost over the swifttech? Paypal is holding my money hostage because its a free account so i'm just going to use that money to pay for the case.

No, just get the swiftech rads.

As long as you keep the GPUs in their own loop everything will be fine....even if you voltmod them or something.

And so are you getting the MM case or the Lian Li 343B? You can do all sorts of things to them....look at this one:

2249_g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom