A High Performance Gaming PC for cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking of getting more 4 gigs better processor and a 8800GT i mean if i overclock that will that work out good for me?

Try reading first. Understand the terms so your not asking us what "FSB" means. I have the same VID and it takes 1.5 for 3.3ghz, fails after 5 hours. Lost work because of it when I was running it 24/7. It will eventually BSOD.

The bus that connects the CPU to main memory on the motherboard. I/O buses, which connect the CPU with the systems other components, branch off of the system bus

And i just saw something about riva tuner it supposly kinda does it for you.. Dont know if it safe though..

But other then that if i could get step by step on how to overclock it that would be great

it was just an example. You wouldn't believe how many people come on here asking " how to oc" and not know any of the terms. Read, it'll tell you how to do it and its the best way to learn. Then you can ask questions later and we will walk you through it. But I don't think any tech forums members are going to hold your hand. Too many new members getting lazy nowadays.

Also if i was to get a Core 2 duo 2.60ghz and overclock that will my computer get fry?

haha dude you're just like me. Obviously you need a good cpu cooler and have it under a limit.....

You wont notice a performance gain on gaming or anything like that after about 3.3ghz.

I recommend just going to 3.0ghz (and yes you can use Riva if you want).

riva tuner is for o/cing graphics cards. since u cant get into bios on a g card u need to use a progrm which chnages the clocks at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom