Planning to overclock my 8800GTS G92

Status
Not open for further replies.
would running the fan at the higher rate of 75% and the faster clock speeds hurt the card a ton, or will it be generally stable and pretty safe

right now i'm set at 753/1881/1003 with a temp of 44c

if you can stand the noise, go for it. Just watch for artifacts. Just don't go too high on the memory as I've heard they fail since its rated for 2000mhz.

I've been told not to go over 2000mhz on the memory so keep it around 990-995. But for reference my XFX did 820 on the core and it went through 3dmark w/ no artifacting. I stopped there though. Got lazy running 3dmark 10 times

i know why games are freezing if i have mmy memry over 1000... im getting 790 with ati tool but it artifacts i think itl be 3dmark stable at 820 tho.

you should ge tsimilar result.

I had to use the ATI beta. I just used it for artifact scanning. Don't know if it was working or not so I went into 3dmark and played crysis

well the enw ati tool worcks but i always get artifacts coming up on the artifact test past 790mhz on the core, and hopefully keeping my memory at 2000 will stop the freezing in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom