overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
no just disable C1E and EIST and oc. When your ram reaches higher speeds which can cause instability. you'll want to change the cpu:ram ratio by selecting a divider to lower the speed also known as system memory multiplier in your bios under M.I.T. You'll notice the Memory frequency column below it will change depending on which divider you choose. Don't know if you know already but at the bios screen once you enter it press ctrl+f1 to unlock the memory options.

ahh thanks for the help thirdshiftdj much appreciated, dont know were id be without people on this forum, thanks again thirdshiftdj, ill probly be back later because ill come accros something i dont know about xD, sorry if im annoying asking all these questions but i wanna get a succesfull OC the first time xD

Thirdshift....at one point will the ram become unstable and the multiplier have to be changed? My ram is DDR2 6400 and right now instead of running at 800 it's at 1000 with the CPU at 2.8 Ghz....

Thirdshift....at one point will the ram become unstable and the multiplier have to be changed? My ram is DDR2 6400 and right now instead of running at 800 it's at 1000 with the CPU at 2.8 Ghz....

yes, you can try to loosen the timings or just underclock by changing the Memory multiplier(ratio). I suggest underclocking for right now until you understand ram and sub timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom