Nvidia or ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just buy 2 9800gx2's and have a blast.

Sounds good if only I had $1200...

So whats the volt mod and pencil mod? And how well do they 3870's/3850's overclock? I've never overclocked a video card... just a CPU and that was just by choosing the "overclock by 10%" in the BIOS...

Sounds good if only I had $1200...

So whats the volt mod and pencil mod? And how well do they 3870's/3850's overclock? I've never overclocked a video card... just a CPU and that was just by choosing the "overclock by 10%" in the BIOS...

ati cards oc like mad. Over at xtreme they have unlocked bios where people are ocing around 900 on the core

How well does the 2600PRO overclock? I have one in my computer right now. The software that came with it ATI catalyst control has an overclocking thing on it but it never overclock's the card, the frequency is always what it original was... I really need to learn how to OC so I can get my celeron up to at least 2.0GHz+ and my video card better.

im having second thoughts on getting the HD 4870 x2. My CPU is bottlenecking my GPU performance, so i need to OC it more when my HDD comes back from Seagate.

however, i will get the HD 4870 x2 depending on the performance gain from my card. How much of a performance gain from a future card vs a current one is recommended on buying to replace the current card? 40%? 50%? What do u guys think is wise?

my older bro says to keep the one have.

I heard that the 4870 is supposed to be like $190 to like $230 is that true? If it is I think I will get that over the 8800GT or the 9600GT because I have heard that it is a great card... But we will have to wait and see.

im having second thoughts on getting the HD 4870 x2. My CPU is bottlenecking my GPU performance, so i need to OC it more when my HDD comes back from Seagate.

however, i will get the HD 4870 x2 depending on the performance gain from my card. How much of a performance gain from a future card vs a current one is recommended on buying to replace the current card? 40%? 50%? What do u guys think is wise?

my older bro says to keep the one have.

You should upgrade if you really want to:

(Dr.) Bottlenecks: Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Just Buy the GPU - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom