Dual Moniters, worth it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
so will most games only go on one moniter??
im fine with that and have my desktop on the other.
also would i ahve to alt+tab to go to the other screen??

im just curious before i buy a 200$ monitor

Well its up to you, you can have a "clone" so it will display the same exact thing on both monitors. Personally, I have it on "Horizontal Span", so I can have a game on the main monitor and on the second, I have AIM, an iTunes remote, or a window when I don't want to be flipping back and forth between two.

my problem was that in an FPS game, when you went to move the mouse over to the second monitor, your character simply turned. ie you had to pause the game or alt+tab out of it to get your mouse to the second monitor. for example, i wanted to run bf2cc on one monitor and my game on the second. the problem i mentioned above kept it from working the way i wanted, which would seem to be the way it works for any game.
therefore, to me, if you are gaming dual monitors is totally pointless. just get a bigger one.

I've been running 2 monitors for ages, fabulous for work and good for general browsing etc but not much use for games. yes to use your desktop you still have to alt-tab out of a game but you can see whats going on on the second screen whilst in game.. so useful if you want to keep an eye on something like a stock ticker or voice/game server or monitoring soft (cpu use, temps, fan speeds etc..).

Some games do use both monitors like supreme commander and that's cool but its pretty rare.

On the whole, if your focus is gaming i'd say one large monitor is better than two 19's

Ok thanks for the info guys i really appreciate it.

i think ill use one monitor for gaming and the other for apps like im's and other crap. Ill probally end up buying another monitor tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom