Everbody Read Please!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
Ok i had a very big probelm with windows Xp i got the BSOD(blue screen of death) i tryed the windows repair console and a bunch of other solutions. the only thing i did not want to do is format my HDD so... i installed another copy of windows over the other copy(that didnt boot up) after installation IT WORKED my comp booted up BUT... windows does not show anything installed when my 80gb HDD is half filled with games and music from my old windows copy, is there anyway i can do something other then installed everything i had that will let windows reconize all the progs i had before etc....

Nope. You would have to port over the registry to get that to work and in doing so would cause the system teo recreate the previous problem.

Sorry man... It's just not your day.

ok nvm the first post i got it working i found this really awesome tutorial but now i need to now what folder all the drivers are located in. I am talking bout the windows default drivers that are copied onto t he comp after installation

Harro,

Post a link to the tut, I wanna see what they had to say. For your drivers? Have you looked in your windows folder? Through system 32? Everything will be somewhere within your windows folder how deep depends on what it is. It would help us to see the tutorial so we could see exactly what you've already done.

Koopa Out :cool:

Harro,

Oh and by the way: I'm not a moderator and don't mean to appear as one, but the subject to this question? lol Just saying... Be more specific next time in your subject it helps people know when to NOT overlooks your post... Ones like "OMG HELP" and "OMG HELP" and "OMG HELP" and "YOU'VE GOTTA READ THIS" are not good topic titles for tech support :D

Just some friendly advice :)

Koopa Out :cool:

as far as drivers, if windows is installed over itself it maybe in a folder named something like win001~ or some weird name, I forget the convention.

Very cool tutorial. Glad you found it, and shared it as well.

I believe the folder you are looking for is called DLLcache. located in WINROOT\SYSTEM32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom