No Power To Usb Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
No Power To Usb Ports, Solved.

Hi All,
Working on a foxconn mb which i have used before and has had no prior big issues. But now i have no power to the usb ports, 4 at the rear of the board and 2 pluged into the front. Can plug a flash stick into any of them and it does.'nt light up. Tried USB Dview shows up 5 usb root hubs, none connected. Dont have a driver disk for this old board but usually windows takes care of the basics like this. Did last time, pretty sure i only had to download a sound driver. However this XP install is a Slipstream with SP3 on it with IE7 as well. Did it with N Lite. Could this have something to do with it? Just pluged a joystick into one of the rear connectors, identifies and installs. Still no luck with front. If i plug a flash stick into the rear i am getting " one of your usb devices has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it". It is lighting up though.
Now Solved, Feel like a bit of a dill ! Of couse usb dview would say not connected if nothing is connected to thee ports! Tried the Flash stick in another comp and it didn't show either. Tried a new flash stick in this one and installed straight away. So it was the flash stick. Used it today at my comp course on win 98, had the safely remove feature though which i used. But do remember it was awfully tight , hard to get out, had a usb extension. Hit them up for another flash tomorrow ! Lot of writting for a simple problem!
Careful what you connect to.

Thanks, All running sweet now but your right Mak, gotta search for the chipset drivers for this board. No " !" or "?" marks beside any thing in harware controll manager though.
Bye for now.

There wont be. Right now the drivers installed are the generic Windows drivers. The Chipset drivers that you are searching for and will isntall will be updated and specifically for your mobo. So this will help Windows work with your mobo more efficently and will help update your USB drivers.

After all is said and done when you restart you should not see any more issue with USB Ports.

Mak, found these drivers at Driverscollection:Hardware:Foxconn P4M800P7MA-RS2, Software name:INF/Chipset Driver. Downloaded and installed. Thats about all i can find. Already had sound. Its a small 4 in 1 pack. Only 1.37mb. Would that be wright ? If i go to the foxconn site and type in the board ID i get nothing. Anyway all running well. Thanks for the help. Just quickly, do you like us to edit the title of the post to Solved in the title once you have sussed out the problem or do i just leave it. Also trying to put in an Avatar but can only see small square boxes with an x, like small thumbnail on this site, both with IE7 and Firefox?

Hey Bruno...give me a make and model for the mobo and PC. I will see what i can find. :D

The Resolved title edit would have to be done by a Mod and that is if you wish. Just say the word and someone will do it.

There is a known issue with the site and Avatars. We have people here working on the forum and the servers. We are workign hard to try and get it resovled.

This is all i know which is the Belark readout
Foxconn P4M800P7MA-RS 2 , 3.0 gig pentium d . Bios is a Phoenix PG 6.00 3/18/2006.
Thats all i can see on the board too. Its doing another strange thing also. Most of the time getting no mouse response, if i shutdown , turn off power supply and then boot up its ok. Tried different mouse's, no diff. Thanks for your help on this thing. No rush, just an oldie im setting up as a backup or something to throw out the window when computers are really getting to me ! Don't want to throw my ASUS by mistake ! Thanks for filling me in about the avatars stuff. Thought it was probably me or the comp again. Cheers mate.

Foxconn - Support - Downloads

That shoudl be the exact chipset driver you need. Right from the Foxconn site.

Have you checked the CMOS battery, and your PSU make sure that is all in working order?

Chipset drivers installed. All USB connectors now working correctly. Only fault now is with the mouse. If i can't work that one out i'll start a new thread Mak, as the post originally started off with the USB problem. Will do what you have suggested, double check connections etc. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom