is this the psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean it wont fit???you dont have to screw yours in or anything. just leave it ouside the case. youro nly going to be using it for a few seconds to check whether it works or not.

yeah, i don't think it's the psu, unless it just takes that much time for all of it to get power, but i highly doubt it...try it tho, see if you can elimate some thing. trial and error.

Why did everyone overlook the fact that its a 5 year old computer? I just moved my grandma out here to california and she brought her comp which is like 4 years old and wow I'm surprised the thing can start up. She's sporting a 120w power supply thats why his was so low too. It may be just the PSU but honestly at that point, you're best bet is to tell your friend to UPGRADE =)

i agree, it may be time to upgrade but maybe not. i didn't overlook it being that old, just take it one step at a time. anyways it may be time for a new one but maybe not, just depends on how big his wallet.

yeah I get about $300 a month so I'm gettin my SUPER COMPUTER built slowly =P The damn geforce FX 5700 256mb card of mine that decided to die on me for no appearant reason was a setback =/ but I'm gonna try and send that to the manufacturer for a replacement. Wether it gets replaced or not I'm buying the 128mb Geforce 6800 =D Just got a new case and powersupply with a couple case fans, just ordered a 512mb stick of pc3200 (currently running 256mb of pc2700) and the coolermaster jet cpu fan! Heard the sucker is big as hell. can't wait for my stuff to get here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom