New Gaming Build, Input Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my recommendation:

Drop the Sound Card unless you really care that much..

drop to a Q6600, because its not worth the extra money unless you plan to go past 4.0ghz (and that would normally require a Water Cooler)

Drop the 520hx for a 650tx

Step the blood iron board for the Lanparty p35 board

You could get a SATA DVD-RW?

I am considering SLI

then you will want a SLI compatible board which the P35 is not.

Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or if you have the money
Newegg.com - EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The 750i is one of the newest SLI chipsets. It has two full pci express 2.0 slots. The Asus one is good for the price but the EVGA FTW is an overall better board for 30 bucks more. It has a lifetime warranty which is ridiculous for a motherboard. It also overclocks better from what i have seen.

then you will want a SLI compatible board which the P35 is not.

Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or if you have the money
Newegg.com - EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The 750i is one of the newest SLI chipsets. It has two full pci express 2.0 slots. The Asus one is good for the price but the EVGA FTW is an overall better board for 30 bucks more. It has a lifetime warranty which is ridiculous for a motherboard. It also overclocks better from what i have seen.

wow.. I didn't see that... thats what happens when I skim...

P35 boards overclock better than any SLI board...

but SLI has the future of expansion...

keep in mind though when you sell both cards its going to be hard when its outdated...

its really up to you... I recommend just getting the SLI board, with a 9600gt and eventually use the eVGA or BFG Step up program to get a GTX 260 or 280...

But honestly I hate SLI and prefer P35 boards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom