3dmark06 score

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh.. hmm.. then it might be my monitor? I have a 19in LCD samsung

I'm going to switch a few settings and rescore it.

i was also thinking about reformatting my computer... I haven't done that for a while, and have been thinking about doing so. Couldn't I reformat y computer using my OS CDs, or should I make a disc for it?

oh, i would say so v-dogg....i am all of the sudden finding mucho good reading on the subject that all says pretty much the same thing...
bonkerz,
the highest score i've gotten with a single card is 11,4something

and i tell ya this...i just put my cpu down to 2.6ghz stock and ran COD4, all max settings, same server, same kit, same spots....
NO DIFFERENCE in frame rates. ie they are EXACTLY the same.

which tells me that the post i linked above is correct. it also tells me that your cpu is NOT a bottleneck, bonkerz.
it also tells me that i do not need a quad core to take advantage of these two cards, i need a gigantic monitor.
which it seems i knew anyway, but i will test some other games and see what happens.

here's another link...
.:: BenchZone ::. Get in the Zone, stay in the Zone! - Performance scaling with GeForce 8800GTX Graphics Card

also seems that overclocking your card gives a MUCH more impressive gain in fps versus ocing the cpu.

oh okay, cool thanks for the information.

There is something that troubles me about my system though... When I boot my computer it recognizes 4gigs of ram, but when i check My Computer properties it says I only have 3... I also noticed my clocks seem a little weird. Its at 667Mhz, and I can't find where to change it in the BIOS

You're using Windows XP Media Center edition which doesn't come in 64bit, but 64bit OS' are required to read 4gb +

oh okay, cool thanks for the information.

There is something that troubles me about my system though... When I boot my computer it recognizes 4gigs of ram, but when i check My Computer properties it says I only have 3... I also noticed my clocks seem a little weird. Its at 667Mhz, and I can't find where to change it in the BIOS

oh really?? I can only go up to 3 gigs??

depends.. the max is 3.5gb, but it won't read the missing 512mb (because of your video card VRAM [which is also 512mb])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom