Fsb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiki explains it pretty well, what exactly don't you understand? the first sentence sums it up "In personal computers, the Front Side Bus (FSB) is the data transfer bus that carries information between the CPU and the northbridge of the Motherboard."

Ok, heres the basics, the FSB time the Multiplier is the Core Clock of the CPU

Do you get that?

Now theres another FSB, usually its Quad-Pumped (only for Intel though, AMD has HyperTransport but thats a different story) which is where the whole 800, 1066, 1333 FSB Comes from, since its Quad Pumped you can divide by 4 and that will tell you the other FSB Of the processor (the one that is multiplied by the Multiplier)

I'm really sorry if I confused you more..

Oh ok, I thought you would get totally confused by my lame excuse of an explanation

No, lol. I got it.

Can you tell me how it relates to overclocking though?

Is it just the speed at which data is transferred? :|

IDK

PLEASE HELP MEH D:

EDIT
In your sig it says "pics are in TF2."
Whats TF2?
...unless you mean Team Fortress 2 :|

TF2 is a secret section, hidden to most members except the elite members, you'll get in someday :)

for overclocking: increase the non-quad pumped FSB increases the Quad-Pumped ones

like take an e2180 (10x Multiplier)

Its native Quad-Pumped FSB is 800mhz

its Multiplier is 10x, and its normal FSB is 200mhz (200x10= 2000mhz)

supposedly you increase it to 3.0ghz by increasing the FSB by 100 (to 300) its 300x10= 3000mhz, but the quad pumped fsb is 1200mhz now (300fsb x 4)

vernong1992 said:
TF2 is a secret section, hidden to most members except the elite members, you'll get in someday
smile.gif
Oh, okay (Y)

FSB
I understand =D
....%90 of it. =]

I think when I actually do it It'll click together.

Thank you' =D

you ought to check out an overclocking guide, i'm sure we have one stickied somewhere. But yeah, basically overclocking is increasing the FSB (which the CPU core speed is tied to) to a higher frequency. Thus simultaneously increasing the clock frequency of the CPU and RAM - although on some motherboards you can increase these by different proportions by using a "RAM Divider" setting.
Depending how high you go you'll need to bump up CPU and RAM voltages to maintain stability, which is where the process starts to get risky - always be sure you know what the limits of your components are and increase in increments, testing as you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom