Build for 1440 X 900 res

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirtbird

Baseband Member
Im looking for a build that will be able to play games at 1440 X 900 at max settings (AoC, Cod4, etc) and other new games as they come out.

I was thinking:
Gigabyte Ep35-Ds3L
ECS 8800GTS G92
Q6600 (OC'd, ill be getting a Xigmatek 120mm rifle)
2 gigs of mushkin DDR2 800

Would this setup be able to run max on the settings I desire?

Also, will I need to get an aftermarket cooler for my ECS GTS G92? What is reccomended?

Yea pretty much. If you consider max only 2xAA and maybe one setting like shaders turned to medium which you can't tell on the the newest games out. Since 2xAA is all i ever need on 1440x900 and shaders i can never tell the difference between high and medium.

In my opinion 1440x900 is the hotspot for gaming, solely because its low resolution, yet widescreen and games look great on it! And its really easy to max games on its resolution, but Sora thats a good idea, I tried the same thing on COD4 with this HD 3200, and I couldn't tell the difference between them (except on High it wasn't playable.. lol.... but I played at 1024x768 :))

Alright, well great then! Thanks for the replys, its a relief to know this setup will work for the res I want, and that the cooler will be enough.

Im running kind of the same set up. e8400, P35-DS3L. Evga 8800 gts (g92) w/ 2 gigs of ballistix on a Westinghouse 19" widescreen at that res and it runs COD4 over 90fps with everything maxed. Like thirdshiftdj said, get EVGA Precision (it'll work with cards other than EVGA so Ive heard) and set it to 65-70% and youll be fine .

1440x900 IS the sweet spot for gaming when it comes to price/performance.

It is a nice sized resolution that most gamers are very happy with. It honestly processes LESS pixels than even 1280x1024 but seems to be bigger becuase of the widescreen. A single 8800GT and messing with the settings such as shaders or something you can;t notice will keep you gaming for a while....it has for me for 6 months now and when i start having to turn my quality down too much im throwing a second one in there and that should keep me at bay for a while :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom