Problems with installing 4gb's of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main things like graphics cards or bios updates will be fine, and big brand wireless cards, sata, lan etc should be fine.

Anything with old companies or small name additional cards might have problems.

Also unless its cheaper don't get Ultimate, just get Home Premium and save money, Ultimate is just pretty, but it's always better to save money.

Alright so this is my setup right now:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard
Intel E6600 processor
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 ram
Evga GeForce 8800GTS (G92)
Maxtor 500gb sata hard drive
Pioneer multi-format drive (2)

As you can see I dont really have any old cards in my computer so does this mean I shouldn't have any driver problems?

Alright so this is my setup right now:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard
Intel E6600 processor
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 ram
Evga GeForce 8800GTS (G92)
Maxtor 500gb sata hard drive
Pioneer multi-format drive (2)

As you can see I dont really have any old cards in my computer so does this mean I shouldn't have any driver problems?

none whatsover, if you're not sure post in the Windows Section, but Mak will probably tell you to check with the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor before you did

i dont think so

Go check in Device Manager if your missing any drivers

Well I haven't finished my build just yet. I am waiting for my power supply, video card, and video card fan which will arrive at my house on wednesday.

Im am just nervous about running into problems like my friend did. He said I need to get 64 bit windows and I need to change the timings on the memory. My other friend also told me that when you have 4gb's of memory it will access it a lot slower than 2gb's. Is this true?

My friend also told me that I will have problems with programs. He said a lot of programs will not work with vista 64 bit since most problems are designed to work with 32 bit vista. Is this true? If it is, I don't see any reason why someone would install 64 bit vista.

Yeah vista comes in both 32 & 64

You will need 64 bit to be able to use all 4 gigs of ram but driver support isn't too great right now for the 64 bit version ;)

64bit support is just as good as 32bit when it comes to Vista. Now if you were talking about xp x64 then I would agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom