what ddr ram is good? HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

{FBI}The_WONDER

Solid State Member
im working on a computer for a friend, and if things go welll, i might change from rambus myself. for the price of new and bigger rambus, you can buy a new mobo and ddr ram and come out wayyy cheaper. and they say ddr ram will run faster than the rambus?

hes going from 1 gig (256x4) samsung pc800 rambus on a asus P4T533-C motherboard to a ECS 865PE-4 mobo with ddr ram.

hes wanting to run 512x4 ddr400 ram in dual channel each. the mobo is supposed to be able to run 4 sticks, both in dual channel mode.

what im wanting to know is what ram is the best bang for the buck? he dont want to spend 600.00 on 4 sticks of ram, but also does not want junk ram either.

has anybody ran this same mobo and had any problems? or have anything good to say? the mobo says it needs un-buffered ram, so keep this in mind.

the computer specs

p-4 3.07 ghz w/ ht
120 gig seagate st3120024a h/d
450 watt power supply

just making sure aliens didnt invade earth and kidnap all human beings except me.

lol

eclipsee_Victoria.gif

I have a gig of kingston hyperx pc3200 (2x512) in my comp and it runs beautifully. Got it on newegg.com for 280. More than a gig is pretty much useless unless you do a lot of video editing. Match up a gig and a new vid card and you'll all the power you need. Like U-Toast said, don't buy the cheap stuff.

If your friend wants to use his pc for video editing or gaming you must install more than a gig without thinking about money.Check also the memory of your friend's video card. If it's 256 or bigger then you don't have a problem.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-20

That link is a link to a 1gb-Kit (512x2) Kingston HyperX pc3200 brand memory. Its at $267 right now on zipzoomfly. That ram should do you pretty damn good plus the fact you'd have to go into the BIOS and change your RAM timings and whatnot to get the full potential out of that ram. I'm somewhat new to changing RAM Timings and overclocking it and all that good stuff so I think I'm going in the market for a gig of kingston value ram myself. =)

corsair xms 3200xl (pro)

the pro has led lights, so i dunno if you would want that . . .

2-2-2-5 timings

2gb (4x512, in two packs of 2x512) = $570

with lights, $628, but really, no point in getting them

for $470, you can get OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) with 3-3-3-7 timings, too . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom