What do I need 4 a new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackzubi

Solid State Member
Hi guys, it's time for me to upgrade or to renew my computer, i'm a CGI guy and i need advices about HW for using Photoshop and 3Dsmax at maximum performance. a friend suggested me sometinhg like this:

- MotherBoard Asus P5K P35
- Processor 3MB E7200 CORE 2 DUO CONROE
- HDD 500GB 32MB S2 SEAGATE
- Memory CEON 2GB DDR-2 800MHZ
- Graphic Card SAPPHIRE X3650 DDR3 512MB PCIE
- Power supply EZCOOL LED 12CMF400W REAL
- DVD/R+ H55N LG DVDX20 DL
is there anybody can approve this or advise me for something else, guys i really need help, pleeeeaaaase...!

10x in advance

blackzubi

The E7200 is good for overclocking if you plan on overclocking. The q6600 Is a really good quad core and it is only $209, that would probably be a better choice. An 8800GT or 8800GTS would be a better choice then the 3850. Some more RAM would be better, and a maybe a bigger Power supply (not sure how a 400 watt will do, I don't know much about power supplies.) But other then that It should be fine.

also if you get a q6600 it would be a good idea to get this heatsink: Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

also maybe another motherboard, one that can SLI/Crossfire whichever way you go.

For 3ds and photoshop I would get 4GBs of Ram since it will it eat up. I would also get a quad core as it will almost cut your rendering times in half using 3ds. You might need a stronger power supply and to use 3ds at max performance you are definitely going to need a higher end graphics card or you're going to have some serious polygon limitations.

Hi guys, it's time for me to upgrade or to renew my computer, i'm a CGI guy and i need advices about HW for using Photoshop and 3Dsmax at maximum performance. a friend suggested me sometinhg like this:

- Processor 3MB E7200 CORE 2 DUO CONROE
- Memory CEON 2GB DDR-2 800MHZ
- Power supply EZCOOL LED 12CMF400W REAL
is there anybody can approve this or advise me for something else, guys i really need help, pleeeeaaaase...!

10x in advance

blackzubi

scrap what you have right now...

I'll keep whats decent in the build..

Thats fine because you just need a board supporting Quad-Cores, for 3dsmax you don't need a gaming GPU so don't listen to 35g700 about the HD 3850.... you can probably settle with a FireGL Video Card or buy a Radeon 2xxx series card and softmod it to a FireGL Video Card, maybe you might consider more HD Space with 3dsmax, and I guess you could use a DVD-RW Drive??

ok so pick up these to go with what I have up there

q6600 - Quad-Core processor would be useful for you
4gb-8gb RAM- that'll be useful because its a demanding program
64bit Operating System- takes advantage of all the RAM
Rosewill RP550-2 - thats enough Processing Power for what I've listed
Arctic Freezer Pro 7- keeps the q6600 cool, because its going to run hot if you load it all the time
Maybe a larger sized HD (if you need it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom