More problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I did, but I went a few hours without any video problems until now.
The video drivers failed, and I know its due to the 750i sli ftw mobo.

I'm going to call EVGA tommorow and send it back for a refund.
I needed a computer mainly for video editing/image editing/gaming/digital art, etc.
Not a mobo that crashes at the end of one of my big projects.

So, this is my setup minus the mobo, what mobo would you guys suggest?

Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD4000AAKS 400GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - OCZ ReaperX HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Thermaltake A2018 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans
Newegg.com - XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Whats a very good mobo compatible with all of these that is good for the stuff I listed?

Well would you suggest SLI for better video editing/digital art/gaming, etc...?

I'll be able to SLI two 8800gts when I get money for another, which shouldn't be to long.

And if I was going to SLI, what would you suggest?

I have the 750i SLI FTW, but the video corruption is very annoying. So I'll refund it, unless you think I should keep it until they find a fix for it.
I updated bios, and it helped a lot, but I did get another "Video drivers have stopped working but have restored", or something like that.
Only once since i updated bios though.
I could send it back for a slightly better mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS Striker II Formula LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Or do all 7xx mobos have the video bug problem?
What do you think?

UPDATE:
I still haven't hit any problems but one since the bios update, and that was when I was using blender.

Anyone suggest just keeping the mobo?

Not yet, I ran it for a little after that with no problems.

But after the bios update, I finished the whole crysis demo, and I ran F.E.A.R for a while with no problems, And I've been playing a low graphic'd game for a while with no problems, other then that one problem, no problems.

How can I stress the mobo to see if a problem will arise everytime I do something stressful?

Well, I would try to recreate whatever you were doing in blender that caused it to error before. Other than that you can run 3dMark06 on a loop (change the settings so it runs each test multiple times) or download a program called Prime 95.
|MG| Prime95 25.6

Just be careful to monitor your temps with HWMonitor and make sure they aren't going above 60C for your processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom