DFI Lanparty PC Boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
Hi there,

Today my PC has suddenly decided it does not want to turn on. I'm not sure why it doesn't want to do this but yesterday i seemed to have trouble turning it on since my PSU needs to be turned on and if you don't allow long enough for it to get enough power it will get a 5 second burst of power but in order to turn it on i just had to keep turning it on and off at the PSU and keep pressing the on button and eventually it turned on.

Build:

AMD x2 4800+
7900GTX
DFI Lanparty SLi-DR
OCZ 2 x 1 GB DDR2 platinum ram
Hiper-R 580W PSU

Furthermore, the motherboard is getting some power since the diagostic LED is orange and has always been like that when power is on and the PSU is on since the red light is on and the mobo is getting some power.

Since it is a DFI, i used the EZ switch which allows me to try and turn it on with a button but it did nothing.

Just wondering if any of you would have any idea. Had this PC for 3 years - no problems and now suddenly today - it has that. I havn't even added anything to it in months and last time it was just a TV tuner.

Oh yeah i havn't overclocked it or nothing.

Cheers

Edit: Ethernet port doesn't light up like it used too when something is connected to it which is very wierd since impretty sure it did - even if the pc wasn't booted up.

*bump*

Really would like anybodies advie plase.

I tried so far:

* Checking the 12 pin and 4 pin connecton is i properly
* Ensuring no loose wires
* Tried using the switch on the mobo intead of the case

I guess if nobody replies i will have to look at installing itself again since that is the only thing i can do i guess...

DO NOT Bump your own topics within 24 hours. If it keeps up we will start to close them out. We will be around to help when we can. Bumping your own topic 2 hours after you post it will not get you anywhere.

Have you checked another PSU? Have you checked to make sure that it wasnt the mobo? Have you taken out all un-necessary parts and tested with only the mobo, cpu, ram and hard drive? Have you tried only 1 stick of RAM?

lol, i was hoping for a more definitive answer since trying out all these is a lot of work. Ah well, i will try and go to a mates house to see if PSU or mobo is cause.

There is no definative answers when it comes to working with hardware issues. It is all about multiple tests to make sure that the hardware is good and not faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom