Dell inspiron help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michowski

In Runtime
I am trying to fix this inspiron 1150 laptop. The issue im having is that its stuck on the welcome screen. Its not freezing because the mouse still moves. I have no idea how to get past this. Also there is no recovery disc so I cant just format it. Any way to get past this screen?

Okay is it Vista or XP? Does it have a recovery partition or what?

Its xp and I have no idea how its partitioned. Its from some computer illiterate people so its however it came from dell. Its got home edition xp on it. Its a few years old. Il try the safe mode and see if that works

If it's a Dell, it WILL have a recovery partition, unless it was deleted after purchase. Since they are computer illiterate, I doubt it is deleted...

Dell didnt really start the Recovery partitions till after Vista's release. Best way to find out. Hit F11 or F12. See if you get a boot selection screen with a chance to boot into the Recovery Partition.

If not you will need a XP CD from Dell.

Dell included recovery partitions before Vista. Can you boot into Safe Mode to check the partitions? Or use a boot disk to take a look?

I did not say they didnt. I said it was not as common. If you got the media from them you did not get the Recovery Partition. This is how they did it. I know. I have 2 Dell's myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom