Radeon X1950

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDTweak

Beta member
I am running a Radeon X1950, the card seems to be running pretty hot. Anyone know what temp it should be running at? Its running at 188F while gaming.

thats way to hot. you definitely want to take off the cooler, put some new thermal paste down on it, possibly get an aftermarket cooler for it..

Download ATITool or Rivatuner and crank up your fan. The Rivatuner site has a short tutorial about how to set up fan profiles... go through it.

Yeah I have the XTX edition an even that one gets nowhere near as hot. Do what Trotter said first and see if that helps. You can find instructions on removing/replacing the cooling fan easily on Google if need be.

Yeah thats what i was kinda thinkin, i put a cooler on it about a year ago but the paste has probably gone to **** by now. Was lookin at the ThermalTake Duorb or the Zalman CNPS9700. Heard anything about them? Pros, Cons? I also need a new case but am ready to order the Antec Nine Hundred

lol if i could afford it i would. my case is another problem crappy old ThermalTake Xaser2. 5 80mm fans dont circulate the air too well

I assume your talking about the GT which i also have.

These cards have a habit of clogging up with dust where it is hard to find, if you open up the card and take the metal plating off you will find the copper block which is some kind of haven for dust, but at the same time blocks airflow and just acts like a blanket (which i might add i have one rapped around me now:super_happy:) instead of a cooler.

Clean the dust out and put some new paste on. Mine went from idle 50+ Celsius and up to 96 Celsius load to atm 41 idle and max 72 load

I am probably going to buy a new cooling fan for the card just cause the one thats on there is gettin old, anyone know of good coolers, havent looked at them since i bought my last one. I tried the ATITool but still running at 160F while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom