Why intel e6600 more expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
I've noted the intel duo core e6600 is more expensive than the e6740, the e8400, etc even though it has similar or inferior specs.
fsb 1066, 4mb cache, manuf tech 65nm.
Why is this the case? And do higher number such as e870 mean newer models?

After the Quarter it was released the e6600 was discontinued, and if the product is discontinued, prices don't get slashed for it

but yes the e6750 and e8400 is faster than it, but if you still want to get a dual-core forget about the e6xxx series, look at either the Wolfdales or the Allendale's

Yep they leave them the same price becuase people still actually buy a few and will eventually buy em outa stock.

After the Quarter it was released the e6600 was discontinued, and if the product is discontinued, prices don't get slashed for it

but yes the e6750 and e8400 is faster than it, but if you still want to get a dual-core forget about the e6xxx series, look at either the Wolfdales or the Allendale's

The e6300 still can't be beat in terms of overclocking potential.

And e6*** series chips can be had for next to nothing on forums/ebay.

The 65nm process also allows the chips more headroom in overclocking.

Make sure you know what your talking about.

The e6300 still can't be beat in terms of overclocking potential.

And e6*** series chips can be had for next to nothing on forums/ebay.

The 65nm process also allows the chips more headroom in overclocking.

Make sure you know what your talking about.

the e6300 is quite a chip i will tell you...i have had this thing loaded up and CPU-Z'd at 3.7ghz before of coarse it failed instantly on orthos or anything but still to achieve a 100% overclock on air is very impressive. The E4xxx series comes close to the E6300 but i still think mine is a better chip.

Ahem, Cough cough, if you look in the BST section and find a thread made by me, you will see that I still have a Lapped OEM E6600 For sale for only 120 USD Shipped.

Cough Cough..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom