Help a Bro out, New Gaming Rig Idea Ver. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling they are the same thermal pastes considering they have the same texture and viscosity.

the tx-2 performs better then the mx-2 though.. somehow.. haha. i never understood what made a thermal paste better then any other.. but whatever..

and yeah, go with a corsair psu some are modual. also if you want to buy your rig now and then wait a bit for some upgrades, what you could do is get an EVGA card now like a 9800GTX and step up when the new cards come out. Along with that, buy a cheap-o e2140/2160/2180/2200 and just oc the crap out of it to get good speeds, then buy a new cpu when they come out. Also you can get any of those chips to around 3ghz without a problem.

come again?

Does this have to do with the rant about Seagate?

It has to do with bad firmware on a large number of 7200.11 drives. Everyone recommends the 7200.11, yet when I got it I had nothing but trouble and Seagate Tech Support could care less if I fixed THEIR problem or not.

Just read the newegg reviews for the 750GB 7200.11 and decide for yourself. The drive will work, but with the bad firmware it is slower than my 3 year old Hitachi and Disk Boot Failures are very common.

Why do you think it is so cheap now?

Well I like the WD 640gb now even though Maroon recommends it :rolleyes:

That is what I have now, I just haven't changed my sig. WD640 is the bomb.

Newegg didn't even charge me a restocking fee after I called them. They understood how crappy the 7200.11 can be sometimes. I even got the updated firmware but it wouldn't install, and Seagate tech support didn't really have an answer after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom