How much more could I OC with Water cooling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I'm curious about water cooling down the road...

How much more performance could I get out of my 750I FTW mobo and e7200 processor by OCing with water cooling ??

I'm assuming the much lower temps help keep the machine more stable, which results in a more reliable overclocked system. BUT it seems to be alot of work to get water cooling up and running.

Is it worth it?

whats the price on a decent entry level water cooling system ?

would it even be worth it ??

how long/how much time does it take to get it installed and working properly ?

Watercooling is mainly just another way of tinkering with your rig. If you have a high end air cooler, you can pretty much wring about 90% out of your cpu. Watercooling might give you another 20% or so. What i have found with my q6600 is that its actually more voltage limited than temp limited.

90 + 20 = 110% ??

Anyways, you are probably better off using high end air cooling rather than water cooling. And it really varies from cpu to cpu, some will get higher FSB's on lower volts than others.

Simplest way I can explain water cooling.

It's an investment, plain and simple.

Your paying the money based on the fact that it will provide sufficient cooling for several years and newer processors.

The other major reaosn to use it is silent overclocking. Can a TRUE with a high cfm fan perform on par with most entry to mid range water cooling setups?

The answer is yes but at the cost of high dBA.

I heard that good water cooling kits start from $250

Its true, but unless Aspire approves it I don't recommend the Water Cooling kit :)

he's the genius on it...

but with Water Cooling, you have to be really careful and know what your are doing otherwise you could spill water all over your precious parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom