Help: Installing order / what guide do you recommend to read before building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
All i know is that the psu goes first.

also for the psu which cables do i need? or which one are the ones i need to know about, i will be using a pci express card, quad core, and ep35 gigabyte motherboard.

Also, which guide do you recommend to read before getting to build it?

Guide? To be honest, the best thing would be to find someone who knows more about computers and have them walk you through it in person. If you don't know enough about the parts to know which types to get, you probably will have a very difficult time getting your computer built even with any online guides you may find.

I have tried walking someone through building a computer over the internet, and it was VERY difficult because it always helps to be able to show them first hand. So, if you've never built a computer, and never dealt with the internals of a computer before, I would recommend you find a friend or neighbor that knows what they are doing and asking them for help.

As far as guides, just google "computer building guide" or something and you will surely find a few.

A lot of it depends on the case. You dont necessarily have to install the PSU first, although its usually best to do so if you plan on routing the cables cleanly.

Its usually recommended you install the PSU first, then mount the standoffs for the board, install CPU, RAM, Heatsink on the board, then put on the board, put screw in the standoffs, put your optical drives in, put the wires from the PSU into the Motherboard along with Optical Drives and such

I would put the PSU in, then the optical drives and hard drives, THEN prep the case and do the motherboard steps. It just seems from my experience that having the optical drives in there before the motherboard helps you get an idea of where the power cords will be flowing, but either way (motherboard first or optical drives first) it will work out fine... it's just my personal preference to go in that order.

There is no proper way to do it honestly as long as everything gets in.

Everytime i put together a system i place the cpu and heatsink on the mobo, As well as the ram before i even put the board in.

Then i place my PSU/optical drives/hard drives in. Next i then place my brass stand-off's and place my board on them. Then i put in my video card and sound car and connect everything last. That's just me though

Well that depends on what you need to power. If you have a card that takes an 8 pin PCI-E power cable, that power supply would need adapters, plus it would only power one big card and would not SLI anything other than lower level cards like the 9600GT or 8800GT without lots of adapters involved.

well yeah, am not going into any high specs, just like the cheapest 512mb card i can find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom