Sli Question for my 8600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea it is i got an 800w psu sli rdy, nforce 680i lt sli mobo and 2 gigs, and 2.4ghz c2d.
but yea i might sell the one i have and spend a bit more. i got bout $150 not counting this card any ideas???

$160 and you can get the 8800 gts g92. That card is a beast and will be more then enough for your rig. If you rather spend less, you can get a good 8800 gt for about $110-120.

My suggestions for the best gaming experience with your budget. Sell the 8600GT for whatever you can, it should sell on ebay decent or someone here may want one actually for a second rig or for their kids rig.

Use that money plus what you have to buy whatever the best card your budget will fit. An 8800GS at least, or a 9600gt which is better, an 8800GT 512 is really nice, or if possibly but i doubt it an 8800GTS (G92 512mb)

Also on the ati side of things an HD3870 is a good choice too if you can find one at a good price.

Then overclock that CPu and video card for the most enjoyable gaming experience. Overclocking is 100% safe as long as you read some basic guides.

it looks to me like a tiger direct barebones kit... they had a huge deal on the 680i LT and q6600 a while back. but yeah, don't shell out for sli 8600's... thats just a waste

it looks to me like a tiger direct barebones kit... they had a huge deal on the 680i LT and q6600 a while back. but yeah, don't shell out for sli 8600's... thats just a waste

i remember hearing about that deal actually....it was like buy a quad get an almost free 680i LT.

Hey I remember showing that on the B/S/T before, I even remember Jorsoft saying, shouldn't you be buying that for your rig, I loled :)

but it was shockingly cheap at that time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom