ATI core Pro plus??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceman2105

Baseband Member
ok, i bought the MSI 9800 Pro, love it. yet, i dontknow if it is using it like an XT. a program i use (aip32) says it has an XT core. yet, in aquamark it says i have a pro plus. should i try and figure out how to flash it for an XT or is it fine?

www.belarc.com that should tell you what it really is. hope that helped. just click free download. it'll show you every thing that is in your computer. i've never heard of a pro plus.

Radeon 9800 Pro GPU's are supposed to have R350 cores, but some have a R360 core, i.e. XT core. The only 100% way to tell is to take your heatsink from your GPU, get some Vodka or other alcoholic based cleaning substance and remove the thermal paste and have a look.

Or you can check your card here.

then that's what it is, if it says it's a pro on the box then it is...just weired because i have never heard of a pro plus, on the box does it say it's a pro plus?

ok, i got some new drivers (DNA) and it reads it as an XT now, it was jus the stock dirvers that read it that way. Aquamark went up 1.5k from te new drivers. lol

ok, there you go, just a simple driver upgrade eh? was it suposed to be an xt in the first place do you know? did it say it is an xt on the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom