onboard gfx question

Status
Not open for further replies.
What games and at what settings if you dont mind?

concerned about nwn2 and on my current setup i can play it at medium settings and decent framerates

It runs well, I'm impressed, I haven't even overclocked it

Only good game I have is COD4, and I get a solid 40-50FPS on it on 800x600, 2x AA, Textures on High

PS: about the lateness, I had no COD4 because I formatted, and I got it like 3 days ago, but didn't get time to play because I was keeping an eye on T.F. and moderating duties

well nwn2 is not a graphical demanding game...

yes it is....my e6300@ 3.5ghz and x1950xt 512 couldn't run it at max without crappy 20-30 FPS. I realize that it is an RPG where to most people fps doesn't matter too much but still. I haven't tried it with my 8800GT yet becuase i hated the game.

2142 however is not a very demanding game...i remember my 7900GS manhandling that game

That chipset should be able to play it at even 1440x900 res(my res) at medium with no aa or af but don't hold me to that

If you want a cheap performance boost from the 780G chipset you can run hybrid crossfire with the HD 3470 or 3450 which are around $40-60.

yes it is....my e6300@ 3.5ghz and x1950xt 512 couldn't run it at max without crappy 20-30 FPS

The crappy system i played it on (7600gt and 3400+ 1,9ghz) played it very well. It is cpu dependent more then graphical, so i don't know what your getting at. Perhaps you should update the game. Also on max the game takes a bit to render the textures so that card would have some difficulty there.

The crappy system i played it on (7600gt and 3400+ 1,9ghz) played it very well. It is cpu dependent more then graphical, so i don't know what your getting at. Perhaps you should update the game. Also on max the game takes a bit to render the textures so that card would have some difficulty there.

I'm talking max which yea at max it was hard to play with 2xAA and full textures.

so with the add on card (3450 OR 3470) it should run decent framerates
on nwn2

i run nwn2 now on a biostar p4m800pro mb
2.93 gig celeron and 1.5 gig cheap ram
and a 7600gs agp x8

i run it at meduim settings and 4x aa pretty smooth

im not looking for a powerhouse rig just something with at least as good gpu power as i need another comp for my daughter and was going to give her this one.

thinking about getting asus 780g mobo 2 gig ram amd dual 5000 black edition to start

probably going to get 2 more gigs ram and the addon card later when money arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom