Problem With My CPU / MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

varouj

Beta member
Hello,
i have a problem that has been ticking me off for a while but ive just got around to finally doing something about it and i would appreciate some help :).

My computer:
AMD Athlon XP 1.8
512 DDR
ATI RADEON 9200
Windows XP

Problem: as listed my computer cpu is a 1.8 but anytime my computer is set at 1.8 it restarts when i start games, or while i boot. so i had to de clock it to below its "normal" speed of 1.8 to 1.2. Someone told me that it has something to do with my dram settings or something in my Bios. So i wrote up when it says.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU/PNP Setup:
Cpu Brand: AMD K7
Cpu type: Athlon XP
Cpu speed: 100/133 MHZ (Max 133/133 wont run at that 1.8)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Setup
DRAM timing config: Normal
Sdr/Ddr cas Latency: spd
Sdr/Ddr Ras Active Time: 6T
Sdr/Ddr Ras recharge: 4T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the problem persists of my computer restarting when it either boots or while i load a game or something, i remember that changing one of the 6T or 4T helped but i didnt really play around with it because i didnt know what i was doing so i changed it back to defaults, but if anyone could please help so i could recive the potential that my cpu has to offer lol plz....

Without further Details, I would it a configuration problems unless you are getting beeps at startup.. You should never have to turn your cpu down.... And you got a fair amout of ram, if you are goin to check hardwares check Video card and power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom