new processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of that i dont know about like the 45nm? ; / im a noob at computers as you can probly see but whats different about a 45nm quad and a 65nm quad?

Basically, the smaller there manufacturing process is, the more transistors and stuff they can put on a chip making them faster. Plus by having it smaller it requires less energy and produces less heat. 45nm is smaller than 65 nm.

So far the 45nm's are disappointing to any overclocker, all of them have really low multipliers thus far, and all have low FSB Holes

Stick with a 65nm's for now (that will change though when the q9550 comes out)

i plan on getting a new processor soon and have a budget of 200pounds, i may experiment on overclocking my current processor i have now, but i want a new one ready for christmas so i will be able to get a rly nice gfx card :)

thats the thing, im only 14 and dont have 2 clues about overclocking and neither does my older brother, thats why we didnt overclock the processor ive got now

age doesnt matter. You should learn how...it is not really as hard as some people make it seem. It will increase performance huge amounts.

how far do you think ill be able to push my e2180 before i need to change anything other than the FSB? Its currently running around 20-25*C idle and around 30 whilst playing CoD4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom