Two different graphic cards... 1 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
Is there anything wrong with putting two difference geforce cards in my machine? I just installed the 9800 gx2 and set the multi gpu... but it keeps me from doing a dual view on my monitors. Can i put my old 7300 back in as well and use dual view that way... is it a bad idea to install two different graphic card drivers on one box?

yes, you can put in another gpu if you want to run multiple monitors, there is nothing wrong with that

cuz using multi monitor withe the 9800gx2 disables SLi

so your idea would be the ideal one

If its XP it should be pretty simple, if its Vista its a little more quirky. I use 9800GTX SLI and an 8800GT for my 2nd monitor :)

Yep... its quirky... i can't get it to work... it removes my graphic cards control panel. So now I can't set the displays. And it screws the other cards drivers up. Is their a quirky process to get my 7300gt working with my 9800gx2?

Heh ya, its wierd how it works in vista. But if you read through the guide vernong posted it will work. Just remember if you have games like World of Warcraft where you need to disable SLI, you have to disable the 2nd monitor card THEN ntune will work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom