Q6600 + SLI GTX280 Watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the gt280 follows standard GPU mounting hole design...meaning you can grab 2 cheaper GPU blocks and save some money. Also, they perform better than full cover blocks.

The Dtek fuzions are good, so are the Maze4/5. I had a swiftech mcw60 and it was really good, but is a bit more restrictive than the aforementioned blocks

Heh, for 400 bucks i'd rathe get the mountainmods case as its fully modular and absolutely huge. Space isnt an issue for me as i have a giant computer desk with plenty of room for the case.

Also, lol@999 for the carbon fiber case.

Actually atm, i'm fully paid down other than the 9800GTX's. The fun part is going to be when i get the mortgage and try to have any money to spend on parts.

Ok so i think i have decided on the mountainmods UFO case, i just need to decide on which radiators i plan to use.

Swiftech/black ice or thermochill. Have to order the case with the correct spacing. I dont know that much about the 2 so which is the better one?

Thermochill rads for a 120.3 run about 140 bucks each. Performance wise, they can't be beat. They work best with medium or low speed fans.

Swiftech are a lot thinner than the Thermochill rads, are also designed to work best with low/med speed fans and a 120.3 will run you about 50 bucks. They offer great bang for buck.

Black Ice rads should generally be avoided.

Considering the price difference between them, is it worth spending the extra for the thermochill? I plan to run a 240mm for the cpu/notherbridge and a 360mm for the video cards.

in my opinion, heck no.

***edit***actually considering 2 GTX 280s only at stock...at full load will dump approx. 400-475 Watts into the water, you might want to consider a PA120.3 for the VGA loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom