pc speakers system vs home theater system

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
I posted this in the audio section, but noone seems to read there much, so here i go:

How would a logitech z680 system or a klipsh promedia 5.1 ultra compare to a low end home theater system, the panasonic sc-ht900 all in 1 home theater. It was 500$ when i bought it. What can i expect from those two pc speaker systems? Do they compare to low end home theater systems?

Thankyou for any help

well it depends what you mean. if you have a really decent since televsion (and quality), and a good decoder for your home theatre system, then the experience of watching a DVD in your lounge room (?) would be much better than anything your 17" monitor + sound system could muster up. However, i think having a nice 5.1 system for your comp is a nice thing to have, especially for gaming. In short, it really depends what you are comparing between the two systems. The PC ones, with your sound card, probably have better overall audio quality.

Just think about where you actually want the sound system, personally i'd connect a good sound system upto my PC - I watch hardly any TV and I go to the cinema.

your panasonic ht900 is superior to a logitech z680 or klipsh promedia 5.1 ultra system, but the ht900 is still pathetic compared to most home audio main channel floor-standing speakers costing around $200-300 and up per pair. There are exceptions to this. The best way to convince yourself is go to a store that have these PC speakers and listen to them yourself.

In the end only you know what sound better to you. Speakers are subjective and some people prefer differ kinds. Take plenty of time choosing and listening, don't rush into buying anything until you are absolutely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom