Surround sound system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you recommend buying this kind of equipment in a store like bestbuy, or buy online, if so, do you know any good sites?

Thank you for all this help man

Have either of you heard of "Accusound?" its an Australian company that makes speakers, my brother bought one of their smaller sets and made the boxes for them, ill try to get a photo tomorow, they just use an 8" driver and a 1" tweeter, with the crossover at 3.3Khz and they sound great.(ive been living with B&W speakers powered by Yamaha components all my life, i do know what good sound is) He got them for AU$90 from ebay, they dont sell this particular kit anymore, but they do sell the large towers.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3276&item=5713114045&rd=1

they dont come with boxes, so you would have to build your own, but they sell for around AU$300-350 and are worth AU$1550 a pair.

What does b&w stand for? And how much do urs cost?
What else would u recommend?
The axioms look nice.

The speakers you showed him actually cost AU164 and AU222 currently. plus shipping from australia would be VERY expensive. U-Toast I would think twice before buying these. I think you should stick with ones you can buy in the U.S. (assuming you are in the USA).

yea, i am in the us. There are a few that seem to have a good reputaion. Il go to bestbuy or somehting to listen to a few. I also read about this thing were u can try them for 30 days. Does this cost anything?

Thankyou

almost all reputable stores have a 30 day policy. if within 30 days you aren't satified with the product and it hasn't been abused just wrap it back up in it's original packing materials and box and return it. I would suggest just spending a few hours listening to the speaker at the store instead. It is kinda embarrasing for some people to return things to a store and it's a hassle.

Some people say the Athena AS-F1 and AS-F2 are good affordable speakers, but I think they sound terrible. Don't forget to check out that forum I was talking about and then checking Ebay to see how much they sell for.

What do you think about jbls? My local BB got some affordable ones i could listen to. Il be checking ebay for some stuff also. I can't seem to find much B&W there tho.

Can you please give me the model name of the JBL speakers you are considering? there are a ton of B&W speakers on ebay. did you look in the consumer electronics> home audio and type b&w speakers?:

http://search.ebay.com/b-w-speakers_Consumer-Electronics_W0QQcatrefZC11QQfromZR6QQsacategoryZ293QQsatitleZbQ26wQ20speakersQQsorecordsperpageZ200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom