Wireless Keyboard, mouse -- Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like wireless keyboards/mice.... and optical are okay, but they don't tend to like my choice in mousepads lol (though I recently got a new one).

I've seen optical trackballs, too. You don't move the ball, it can see your thumb rolling over a stationary orb-thingy. Freaky if you ask me. Had little spots all over it... Saw it at Best Buy while searching for a little handheld trackball for my laptop.

i love my wireless mouse and keyboard . . .

mx duo keyboard and mx700 mouse . . .

i got a steal on it . . .

$79.99-$30 rebates = $50!! @ compusa, but this was in december

i hav that shit that Shakie has....ITS HORRIBLE!! i need to boot the BIOS in my comp, and i cant do it cuz it has to load the keyboard and shit....by the time it loads, im already at the WINDOWS XP start up screen man...its sooo gay...

Larry said:
Anyone own a wireless key board and wireless mouse? Do they work? Are they just as good as wired?

If you use TFT monitors, i find the wireless keyvboard and mice are a really usefull addition. It means that you can have your monitors at one end of the desk, and you keyboard and mice up close to you. And you do not have a PS2 cable going from one end to the other on your desk.,

One thing that i have noticed that the newer keyboard (and especially optical mice) are getting better on the battery conservation. My off-sider was changing is batteries in his mouse once a month. But with some of the newer wireless products that I have hit the market this quarter, the manufacturers are claiming 6 months on a 2x Standard AAA batteries.

The other thing that I have noticed is the rechangable mice with the docking station. They are a good idea. But some people that i have spocken to have told me that the charging station is a bit of a eye sore when there is nothing it. (Each to their one)

I find that the Logitech Cordless Desktop (OEM) is the cheapest known named product that is on the market. Is about AU$15 cheaper that the microsoft version.

What out for last years Logitech Cordless Desktop (OEM) model. I had a lot of returns where the optical mouse would just die.

I prefer a really good, confortable, wired mouse...
I've had bad experiences with wireless mice batteries and lan parties... they don't mix.
The cord on my mouse is hella long, so if I really needed to go somewhere else in my tiny-ass room, I could easily do it...
Wireless keyboard sounds good tho.
After all, you don't really need a mouse to operate a computer, do you?

Yeah my friend has an off-brand wireless keyboard/ball mouse combo. Its pretty nice... except the key layout is gay and the mouse is, of course, ball. I like my mice ball-less.

eww.

So what is so great about wireless mice and keyboards? like over somehting like the mx510 and the logitech elite? How often do you move away form the comp... and how do you operate the mouse while on your bed or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom