x86 or x64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's possible heh but i don't see why not....perhaps you have 64 bit drivers or something

cant be........i had the 32-bit suite package thing..........samething is happening to Stylus with this Diamond HD 3870 x2 too. I have to wait about 2 weeks until i get my new HDD.

wait a second......................that's probably why CCC reads only 512mb of GDDR3 n 256-bit, n 320 SP.........it's because it's a ****ing 32-bit OS..........DOES THIS MEAN THE REST OF THE OS ISNT REALLY USING THE SECOND HALF OF MY CARD? ONLY ONE-HALF????? SON OF A *****!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

my card i mean :).

??? You only have 512mb gddr3, 320 sps per card, and it's on a 256bit interface. Why would it show anything else

I guess he got fooled by when it says 512mb x 2, 320 x 2, and 256bit x 2 (on Newegg)

I guess he got fooled by when it says 512mb x 2, 320 x 2, and 256bit x 2 (on Newegg)

yup!!! It's not PCI-E 2.0 either. Sapphire, Diamond, n i think maybe others r like this. Yes u r right sir vernong, i did get fooled.

y u think im trying to sell it for $250 during the release of the 4800 series? I want the HD 4870 x2 so badly i can almost taste it........*licks a vernong popsicle*.

wait a second......................that's probably why CCC reads only 512mb of GDDR3 n 256-bit, n 320 SP
that's how a 3870 X2 works. Each GPU gets 512MB vRAM, and has their own 256-bit bus to address their own vRAM. crossfire dosn't combine that vRAM, or the memory buses.
each GPU has 320 shaders, and crossfire will kinda combine these, but it won't scale to 100%

R700 will work differently. It will actually have one memory bus for both GPU's, and share all 1GB vRAM with both GPU's
the system will only 'see' one GPU
*licks a vernong popsicle*.
wait... what??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom